Saturday 10 October 2015

Delhi: CALM THE SPIRITUAL INSTINCT

    Are you also among the many Delhiites, who LOVE to Travel, to visit the Religious Places to draw Resourceful Positive Vibes??? And work or studies do not allow you to pack the bags? Aah no worries! How about looking for the solace at your own territory. I've been sailing the same boat, where liking others' check-ins and pictures were the only option left, until a light struck my head: Have I explored Delhi completely, that am cribbing to go out? Hell no! So, here's how I found peace of mind in the weekends, amidst the scorching heat or chilling mist of Delhi. For the buZy-bees, Delhi is no less than the 'paradise of the exotic'! Listed below are few of the SPIRITUAL destinations, that I have explored on Saturdays, that made me realize Delhi is way beyond the artificial entertainment, parties, boozing etc. I welcome you all to feel Delhi through my lens.

1. Sacred Cathedral Church

The best time to be here is during Christmas or Good Friday. The Church looks no less than villa during those days. Its fine on other days too. I felt nice while lighting candles in-front of the Mother Mary sculpture.

2. Rakaabganj Gurudwara

The Kadaa Prasad (offering) is as delicious as a piece of snow from heaven could be. Oily though, its supposed to received in right palm. And I learnt to rub the left over ghee over both the palms.

3. BanglaSahib Gurudwara

Eating Langar is a must-do ji. Followed by Sewa to calm the soul, anytime in the day or night. The door to solace is open 24×7. To sit beside the holy lake, especially under the night sky, is a good place for some self-realization, or discover certain answers that lie within. There are numerous roadside shops too to buy souvenirs from.

4.  Lotus Temple

In spite of being founded by Bahai believers, the lotus-shaped shrine warmly welcomes followers of all the religions to peacefully recall their Creator.



No comments:

Post a Comment